Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11888
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transfer 2 doesn't work" Previous topic | Next topic
William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Sat 15-Mar-14 12:55 PM
364 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Transfer 2 doesn't work"
Sat 15-Mar-14 12:57 PM by William Rounds

Rambouillet, FR

I have View NX2 and Transfer 2 is part of it. It is up to date, version 2.9.1. When I insert my CF card into the card reader Transfer 2 opens up, but it doesn't show any thumbnails and therefore doesn't upload the files. Is there a setting I have overlooked? It worked previously and I don't remember changing anything.

Came back to edit, I have an iMac.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 15-Mar-14 06:50 PM
51199 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Transfer 2 doesn't work"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Is it possible that you have already uploaded the images from your card and you try it a second time ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

UDC_Eagle Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2011Sat 15-Mar-14 08:45 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Transfer 2 doesn't work"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 15-Mar-14 08:49 PM by UDC_Eagle

Shohola, US

When you insert your card, look under the "source" tab of Transfer 2. Make sure it is the letter of the removable drive you are using to read cards. Go into windows under computer, and see if your card is listed under drives and see if your picture files are there (there will be sub directories, usually with the camera name listed as the picture folder)...it's possible that you have a card reader issue.

If you see your files, you can drag and drop your pictures to the desired folder in a pinch until you find where the problem lies.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 15-Mar-14 08:03 PM
8701 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Transfer 2 doesn't work"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Be sure you have selected your camera in Transfer.

Also be sure there are no filters turned on to see JPEG only or some such thing.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
2014 Workshops - Spring in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 08:50 PM
12825 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Transfer 2 doesn't work"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Make sure your card reader is in the list of devices.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11888 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.