Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11875
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 on Mac " Previous topic | Next topic
mtalbott Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 12:26 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 on Mac "

Gladstone, US

I am ready to replace NX2 that was lost on my PC. I want to instal on my Macbook Air. I get the message this is no longer supported. Is this because its a MAC? If so I guess I will have to install on the PC.

murl talbott

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 on Mac
f5titan Gold Member
15th Mar 2014
dm1dave Administrator
15th Mar 2014
mtalbott Gold Member
15th Mar 2014
cftaylor Silver Member
15th Mar 2014
mtalbott Gold Member
15th Mar 2014
Asgard Administrator
15th Mar 2014

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 12:34 AM
719 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 0

HILO, US

I managed to load ViewNX2 onto my MacBook Pro to review exif data. The version I used came with my D800.

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 01:09 AM
11501 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Is this Capture NX2 or is it View NX2?

Do you get the "no longer supported" message when you put in the serial number?

If so, that is interesting.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

mtalbott Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 02:33 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 2

Gladstone, US

The exact answer I get is --cannot open application "Capture NX setup because Power PC application is no longedr supported"

cftaylor Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Mar 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 04:22 AM
#4. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 0

Salem, US

I have Capture NX2 installed on my 2012 MBP. I don't think NX is supported on anything later than OSX Snow Leapard, aka version10.6, perhaps even earlier. Apple dropped support for Power PC apps after 10.6 when they removed Rosetta, and now only supports Intel processors. That said, if you are using NX2, you may just need to download the latest full installer from Nikon's website. BTW, my MacBookPro is not the Retina version, but that should not prevent you from installing NX2.

Visit my Nikonians gallery

mtalbott Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 04:54 PM
#5. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 4

Gladstone, US

Tried to download NX2 to my Mac.. No can do. So I installed on my PC. Read elsewhere NX not compatible with latest Mac operating system.. Mac is only going to support PC.

Thanks to each of you.

murl

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 15-Mar-14 06:45 PM
51190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NX2 on Mac "
In response to Reply # 5

East Frisia, DE

Download the latest version from here:

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61#Anchor-2

NX2 works perfectly with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11875 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.