Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11862
View in linear mode

Subject: "response from Nikon to NX-D kickback?" Previous topic | Next topic
jim_hughes Registered since 28th Feb 2014Fri 14-Mar-14 05:36 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"response from Nikon to NX-D kickback?"

US

It's been a couple of weeks since Nikon announced NX-D and the responses I've see range from disinterest to rage. By now, Nikon has to have gotten quite an earful from NX2 users. Has anyone seen any official reaction from Nikon? Or even a rumor? Any replies to emails sent to Nikon?

Of course, it's not likely there will be any official response; they'll just complete the dreary process of completing and releasing this application, which is unlikely to get any positive reviews, and which starts with a user base of 0.

But maybe there's more going on than meets the eye.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Fri 14-Mar-14 05:50 PM
9498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: response from Nikon to NX-D kickback?"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Nothing that I have seen Jim and my guess is they will plod along and maybe try to improve the program some but I think the dye has been cast. Much of this I think has to do with Nik being goggled up by Google and the fees Google was asking from Nikon to continue to use Nik technology, of coarse this is just my 2 cents and guess at that.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Fri 14-Mar-14 07:36 PM
6151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: response from Nikon to NX-D kickback?"
In response to Reply # 1

Wethersfield, US

My guess is similar to yours, Jim. It may even be that Google won't license the technology to Nikon at any price. Google has a funny way of looking at things.

If that's the case, Nikon may be in a no-win position where they can't just pass the CNX2 product on to a new developer to support. Shame on Nikon for putting themselves in that position if so, but that's water over the dam, and all the squawking in the world won't change it.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 14-Mar-14 08:17 PM
5869 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: response from Nikon to NX-D kickback?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

I would be surprised if we hear anything from Nikon about the feedback that they get, and how they intend to address it.

Mick
Web Site: http://www.mickklassphoto.com
Online gallery: http://mickklass.gallery
My nikonians gallery

Puget Sound Chapter Coordinator
Visit Our Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #11862 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.