Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10848
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture Version 2.4.4 just released" Previous topic | Next topic
fmrnykr Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Mar 2010Wed 25-Sep-13 01:57 AM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
Wed 25-Sep-13 01:58 AM by fmrnykr

Oakland, US

Greetings Nikonians,

Nikon released CNX 2.4.4 and part of the new version is supposed to address the LCH error message.

Here are some of the details from their web site:

Modifications enabled with 2.4.4

Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
Support for RAW images captured with the COOLPIX P7800 has been added.
An Automatic (Underwater) option has been added to the Auto Distortion pull-down menu under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Adjust section of the Edit List. However, the Automatic (Underwater) option is only displayed when all of the following conditions are met:
The image was captured with an advanced camera with interchangeable lenses that supports underwater automatic distortion control, and a lens that also supports the function.

The image was captured in RAW format or in JPEG format with the camera's Auto distortion control function disabled.
The following issues have been resolved with this release:
When the slider bar was manipulated while applying settings such as Gaussian Blur, High Pass, or Colorize, flicker in the form of random blocks was sometimes displayed.

For Windows only:
When OK in the Page Setup dialog opened from the Print layout dialog was clicked after changing printers using the Print button in the Print layout dialog, only the default printer (that is normally used) was named in the Printer section at top left in the Print layout dialog.

"aaa..." was displayed for Artist in the File & Camera Information section of the Metadata palette. (language versions other than the English version)

When an image was edited using the LCH tool in the Adjust section of the Edit List, a message prompting the user to restart the application was sometimes displayed.

Modifications enabled with 2.4.3
Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion function under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section has been updated.
Modifications enabled with previous release 2.4.2
An issue has been corrected where a bright, whitish diagonal line is shown in images from D600 (C firmware version 1.01) when DX Crop mode and Active D-Lighting were used.

Hope this helps.

Bob White
San Francisco Bay Area

Remember, don't push the river let it flow.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released
jrp Administrator
25th Sep 2013
James23p Moderator
26th Sep 2013
mklass Platinum Member
26th Sep 2013
adcam Gold Member
27th Sep 2013
mgorilla Silver Member
27th Sep 2013
mklass Platinum Member
27th Sep 2013
GBaylis Silver Member
01st Oct 2013
mklass Platinum Member
01st Oct 2013
fwellers Silver Member
05th Oct 2013
mklass Platinum Member
05th Oct 2013
fwellers Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
fwellers Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
mklass Platinum Member
06th Oct 2013

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 25-Sep-13 02:35 AM
33928 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Downloaded and installed smoothly in both laptop and main PC.
Glad to see the LCH issue fixed

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Thu 26-Sep-13 09:52 AM
9102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Thanks for the heads up Bob down loaded it to my desktop no issues at all.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 26-Sep-13 12:35 PM
5576 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 26-Sep-13 12:36 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

Here's the link to teh USA download page: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18642

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 27-Sep-13 02:18 AM
577 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 3

Portland, US

Thanks for the link. I find it strange that I had the older version and when I clicked on software updates from within the program it said there was no update. If not for this thread I would have never known there was an update.

mgorilla Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Sep 2009Fri 27-Sep-13 02:19 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0

Orinda, US

I am still using V2.28. I have a D300s camera. Have had no problems with 2.28. It looks like most upgrades are made to include support for additional cameras.

Should I upgrade?

I have a computer I built myself, windows 7 Ultimate 32/64 bit, five HDD's, 2 dislays, 2 printers, scanner, etc.

D50, D300s, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM, Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G, Tokina AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm F/2.8, AT-X PRO D 100mm F/2.8 Macro

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 27-Sep-13 02:49 AM
5576 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 5

Tacoma, US

The newer versions do have some tweaks that aren't camera specific. One version introduced another noise reduction scheme. Somtimes there are stability or speed improvements.

V2.4 has been pretty good. No problems on my end with 2.4.4

Mick
or

GBaylis Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2012Tue 01-Oct-13 09:44 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0

Oakford, Devon, GB

I loaded 2.4.4 today with eagerness as I thought they'd fixed a printer selection issue - but they hadn't.

Am I missing something? (I've used NX2 for about 2 years now)...there doesn't seem to be any way to directly change the printer in the NX2 Print dialog, for example...

My default printer is A4 only, so if I want to choose, say A2, on my Epson 3880, I have to click Print on the NX2 Print dialog box, then change printers on the Windows print dialog, click Apply, then Cancel...then go back into Print from the NX2 menu to change paper related options (like pictures per page, etc).

Thought/suggestions please.

Thanks, Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my personal website: www.gbphotosandframing.co.uk

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 01-Oct-13 10:15 PM
#8. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 7

Tacoma, US

Yes, CNX is a bit clumsy on printer selection. I find it easiest to change default printers to what I intend to use before starting CNX or by the restarting it. Otherwise, teh procedure you described is the way to do it.

Mick
or

fwellers Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2008Sat 05-Oct-13 08:53 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I can't find my original cd for CNX2 anymore, that has the serial number on it.
Does anyone know if I can get it from my currently installed version ?
I see a number at the bottom right of the Help -> About page. Is that it ?

Thanks,
Floyd

Peace,
Floyd

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 05-Oct-13 08:59 PM
#10. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 9

Tacoma, US

>I can't find my original cd for CNX2 anymore, that has the
>serial number on it.
>Does anyone know if I can get it from my currently installed
>version ?
>I see a number at the bottom right of the Help -> About
>page. Is that it ?
>
>Thanks,
>Floyd
>

Yes, That's it.

Mick
or

fwellers Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2008Sun 06-Oct-13 10:39 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 10

US

>>I can't find my original cd for CNX2 anymore, that has
>the
>>serial number on it.
>>Does anyone know if I can get it from my currently
>installed
>>version ?
>>I see a number at the bottom right of the Help ->
>About
>>page. Is that it ?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Floyd
>>
>
>Yes, That's it.
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com

>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

Thanks a lot !

Peace,
Floyd

fwellers Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2008Sun 06-Oct-13 12:08 PM
#12. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 10

US

>>I can't find my original cd for CNX2 anymore, that has
>the
>>serial number on it.
>>Does anyone know if I can get it from my currently
>installed
>>version ?
>>I see a number at the bottom right of the Help ->
>About
>>page. Is that it ?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Floyd
>>
>
>Yes, That's it.
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

Now I am screwed !
I copied the 20 digit number on the about page, and went ahead with the install.
However, when I try to start it now, and enter the license code, I am asked to enter 25 numbers. I don't have the last 4. They weren't on the about page.

That is bogus ! What can be done to get my license back ?

Please someone help.

Thanks,
floyd

Peace,
Floyd

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sun 06-Oct-13 03:19 PM
#13. "RE: Capture Version 2.4.4 just released"
In response to Reply # 12

Tacoma, US

Have you tried contacting Nikon support?

Mick
or

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10848 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.