Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10824
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 14-Sep-13 04:26 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"

Traverse City, US

Capture NX2 locked up on my Mac Friday afternoon - couldn't get it to open ...so I went into my applications page on my Mac (running OSX 10.8.4 Mountain Lion) found the app and moved it to trash. Then pulled out the CD version I purchased, installed it and same issue. It wouldn't open. I got some girl from Nikon support who knew nothing about this issue so I'm waiting until Monday to see if I can find someone in their tech support who knows what they're talking about. From reading this forum and other posts on the net it looks like I have the same problem as others ( getting the power pc error screen when I try to install.) Hoping Nikon Rep can help with this. I still have the license key and CD I purchased...and was hoping Nikon can just let me download some version and install updates to get it up and running again. Hate to lose my favorite raw converter and touch up software.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD
walkerr Administrator
14th Sep 2013
psf914
14th Sep 2013
psf914
15th Sep 2013
ericbowles Moderator
15th Sep 2013
psf914
16th Sep 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sat 14-Sep-13 04:44 PM
14396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 14-Sep-13 04:45 PM by walkerr

Colorado Springs, US

It sounds like you're trying to install from a very old version of NX2 that isn't compatible with your current operating system. Forget the disc and instead download the software from Nikons website. They don't make this easy. Here's what to do:

First download and install 2.3 via this link and enter your license code when asked:

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17613/~/capture-nx-2---2.3.0

Then install the latest update, 2.4.3 via this link:

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18528

That should get you caught up. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 14-Sep-13 08:50 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"
In response to Reply # 2

Traverse City, US

Thanks Rick

I'll give that a shot and let you know. I really was surprised that the girl who answered at Nikon was clueless. Appreciate the input.

Peter

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 15-Sep-13 12:46 PM
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"
In response to Reply # 2

Traverse City, US

Thanks Rick

I uninstalled the remaining files, opened that link you sent, put in my product key and it opened and works just fine again. Not sure what the latest update would do to my system now that its working again.

Peter

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 15-Sep-13 06:56 PM
8472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

Go ahead an update to the current version. Typically updates are to support new cameras, fix bugs, and tweak performance. While you may not have experienced a problem, the fixes and updates are usually a good idea and will prevent future problems.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Mon 16-Sep-13 04:46 PM
#6. "RE: Capture NX2 crash can't re-install from CD"
In response to Reply # 5

Traverse City, US

I ran the update and its all working well. Appreciate the support guys.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10824 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.