Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10794
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tool Bar Settings" Previous topic | Next topic
bkruppa Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2013Wed 04-Sep-13 08:11 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tool Bar Settings"

Bluffton, US

I would like to set some of the tool bar settings.....specifically in View ---> Fit To Screen. Can't find anywhere to do this. When I select this it only applies to a single picture then goes back to the default. Can this be done globaly? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Tool Bar Settings
jcsocalphoto Silver Member
04th Sep 2013
Kidkett Silver Member
09th Sep 2013
SRFast Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
bkruppa Silver Member
14th Mar 2014
robsb Platinum Member
14th Mar 2014
bkruppa Silver Member
14th Mar 2014
SRFast Silver Member
15th Mar 2014
robsb Platinum Member
15th Mar 2014

jcsocalphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2013Wed 04-Sep-13 09:20 PM
1157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego, US

If I'm understanding what you're talking about, if you play with the "joy stick" on the back beside the LCD, I think that will change the settings easily... Is that what you're talking about?

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Mon 09-Sep-13 08:37 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 09-Sep-13 08:47 AM by Kidkett

Campo, US

I am guessing what you need is in the top post pinned at the top. I find that if you double click on the main picture in View NX2 or press the F key it will open it up full screen. Then just use your arrow keys on your keyboard to the next picture or back, or use your mouse and click the arrows at the bottom of the screen. I think this is what you’re looking for:

http://www.nikonians.org/dcfp/user_files/184625.pdf

Good Luck,
Bill

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Tue 10-Sep-13 01:20 AM
1458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 2

New York City, US

Bob,
What product are you using? You need to change the Viewer Mode setting to "Full Screen". It should be under Edit/Options/Viewer.

Hope this helps...JL

bkruppa Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2013Fri 14-Mar-14 02:26 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 3

Bluffton, US

Sorry for the late response. I'm referring to NX2 (latest version). I've checked all the preference areas and there is no listing that I can find that sets defaults of pull down menus to a particular value. Usually on a pull-down listing once you check a setting it stays there until you change it or you reset to factory results. Basically I would like to set my pull down menu settings to something other than the factory default values.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 14-Mar-14 06:09 PM
12824 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

CNX2 or VNX2?

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

bkruppa Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2013Fri 14-Mar-14 06:29 PM
#6. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 5

Bluffton, US

I use Capture NX2

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Sat 15-Mar-14 12:20 AM
1458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 6

New York City, US

From what I've seen in CNX2, there is no way to make "Fit To Screen" your default when you open an image. I would like to do this also, but it cannot be done.

Regards...JL

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 15-Mar-14 12:36 AM
12824 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: Tool Bar Settings"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

Under View Menu you will find that pressing the letter F on your keyboard will give you the maximum screen view with your pallet's off to the side. If you press P you will get the Presentation view without Pallets. You cannot set this in preferences, but it is only a singe key press that you can do any time.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10794 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.