Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10724
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro" Previous topic | Next topic
ornate_wrasse Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2006Tue 13-Aug-13 11:52 PM
378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
Wed 14-Aug-13 12:40 AM by ornate_wrasse

Portland, US

I recently had my hard drive fail on my old MacBook Pro. I just bought a new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion. I tried to use my CNX2 upgrade disk to install CNX2 on my new computer and got the following message:

You can't open the application ".Capture NX Setup.pkg" becuase Power PC applications are no longer supported

What???

How can I install this software again on my new computer?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Ellen

http://www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse/galleries

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro
Asgard Administrator
14th Aug 2013
ornate_wrasse Gold Member
14th Aug 2013
Asgard Administrator
14th Aug 2013
ornate_wrasse Gold Member
18th Aug 2013
wiselee2 Silver Member
27th Aug 2013
Asgard Administrator
28th Aug 2013
wiselee2 Silver Member
28th Aug 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 14-Aug-13 05:30 PM
48483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Please download the latest version of CNX2 from the Nikon Homepage.

Apple is now Intel based, no longer Power PC based.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

ornate_wrasse Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2006Wed 14-Aug-13 07:04 PM
378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 1

Portland, US

Thanks so much for explaining it and for telling me what I need to do to fix the problem.

Your post was very much appreciated.

Ellen

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 14-Aug-13 08:34 PM
48483 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

If there is still a problem, let us know.

Eala Freya Fresena

ornate_wrasse Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2006Sun 18-Aug-13 11:38 PM
#4. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 18-Aug-13 11:40 PM by ornate_wrasse

Portland, US

Here's a follow up to let you know what happened and how Nikon helped resolve this issue. Nikon sent me a link to the current version of NX2. This was fine except that it wanted me to enter the product key for NX 1 (which I no longer had) as well as the Product Key for NX2 (which I had). I explained this to Nikon Support. They asked me to email an image of the disk showing the Product Key. After I did this, explaining that I had purchased both versions of NX, they emailed me the Product Key for NX 1. My problem was solved and I now have a functioning copy of Capture NX2 on my new computer.

Ellen

wiselee2 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2009Tue 27-Aug-13 11:05 PM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I'm having the same problem transferring Capture NX2 to a new MacBook Air running Mountain Lion. I have the original disc and the key code but Mountain Lion will not let me load it, stating Power PC applications are no longer supported. So there is no way to load an update to the old program. I called Nikon and they even stated that they don't have a version of NX2 that will run on a new Mac. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Nikon. I am happy I was able to assist you today. As per conversation, we currently do not have a software compatible with the Mac 10.8.4. If you have any additional questions, please contact Nikon Technical Support."

I feel that they are blowing smoke at me. I am running NX2, version 2.4.1 on my other Mac Pro laptop that has been upgraded to 10.8.4 OSX. I would be happy if I could run the 2.4.1 version on my new laptop until a new NX2 version comes along but I can't get started because of the older Power PC Application problem.

Anyone else able to resolve this situation?

Here's a follow up to let you know what happened and how
>Nikon helped resolve this issue. Nikon sent me a link to the
>current version of NX2. This was fine except that it wanted
>me to enter the product key for NX 1 (which I no longer had)
>as well as the Product Key for NX2 (which I had). I explained
>this to Nikon Support. They asked me to email an image of the
>disk showing the Product Key. After I did this, explaining
>that I had purchased both versions of NX, they emailed me the
>Product Key for NX 1. My problem was solved and I now have a
>functioning copy of Capture NX2 on my new computer.
>
>Ellen
>
>http://www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse/galleries

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 28-Aug-13 01:09 PM
#6. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 5

East Frisia, DE

As mentioned above, download the latest Version NX 2.4.3 from the Nikon Homepage and install it on your new Computer.

Eala Freya Fresena

wiselee2 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 03:42 PM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Installing CNX2 on new MacBook Pro"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Yes, I was able to download Version 2.4.3 and activate it with my Version 2.0 key code even though their instructions say that a prior version of NX2 must be on the computer.

Thanks everyone for your interest and advise!

As mentioned above, download the latest Version NX 2.4.3 from
>the Nikon Homepage and install it on your new Computer.
>
>
>

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10724 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.