nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
tommiejeep

Goa, IN
4577 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tommiejeep Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2008
Tue 13-Aug-13 02:27 AM

My wife has been using CNX2 for several years and downloaded the newest 2.4.3 last month. We also now have the Nik Suite and she has CS6. Last week she was playing with Nik Color Efex and HDR. She was moving the images from CNX2 via mini bridge to CS6 then opening the Nik. She had no problem.

Yesterday she needed to get some kids birthday party pics done in a hurry so was just going to use CNX2 but she suddenly found that USM, Noise Reduction, and Special Effects said "not Implemented" if she clicks on any she gets the msg "Restart Application". We have searched the net and found others with the problem but does not appear to be wide spread and no one has said "Ah, that works" . Many have reported to Nikon and thus far none of the Nikon responses/advice have worked.

We took CNX2 off her machine and downloaded using the purchase key. We are not that IT confident so have not messed with the registry.

The problem seemed to occur after using Nik for sharpening, Colour and NR. She has some work arounds but she prefers to do most of her PP in CNX2. She is using a Vista 32 bit. I have had not problems with using the same setup on Win 7, 64 bit.

Any help will be most appreciated!
ps: funny, I found the "restart application" thread here while we were searching and I have had that problem
Cheers,
Tom

Manuel Sousa - alias... T.D.Hardin
http://taja.smugmug.com/
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with CNX2..."not implemented"