Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10700
View in linear mode

Subject: "Emulating NIK tonal contrast filter in CNX2" Previous topic | Next topic
Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Wed 31-Jul-13 11:04 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Emulating NIK tonal contrast filter in CNX2"

El Sobrante, US

A friend was showing me how he uses some of the NIK filters in Photoshop. I really liked the tonal contrast filter effect on some shots. I don't use Photoshop but would like to be able to emulate the NIK tonal contrast filter for some shots, using CNX2. Does anyone know how I might do this or know just what NIK is doing in this filter? Thanks.

I originally posted this in the Adobe postprocessing forum, but Rick Walker said I might have more success with it here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Fri 02-Aug-13 07:06 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Emulating NIK tonal contrast filter in CNX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Campo, US

Hi Brian,

Do you have any of Nik’s Software installed on your computer now? And yes there is a way to use them in CNX2. The best way is to get Nik’s Efex 3.0 for Capture NX2 that works inside CNX2, but as far as I know you can’t buy it any more if you don’t have a copy. You can call Google to see if there is any way you can get a copy. There is a couple of ways to get around it if you don’t mind working with a TIFF file in the other programs from Nik or any other software you might have. The Edit List is a great program that lets you use all of them right out of CNX2 in TIFF format. Read this post here on the Nikonians and see if it answers your entire questions and if not get back to me and I can set you up a few different ways. But read this post first:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=133&topic_id=10656&mesg_id=10656&page=

Good Luck,
Bill

Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Sun 04-Aug-13 06:12 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Emulating NIK tonal contrast filter in CNX2"
In response to Reply # 1

El Sobrante, US

Hi, Bill. Thanks for the info/advice. I'll see if I can find NIK Efex 3 somewhere. I don't currently have any of their software.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10700 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.