Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10689
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 upgrade download problem" Previous topic | Next topic
limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Mon 29-Jul-13 02:46 AM
327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 upgrade download problem"

Waynesville, US

I downloaded an upgrade to my View NX2 and installed it however the desktop shortcut and program for Nikon Transfer disappeared and I am unable to find it anywhere on my computer. Any ideas?

Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem
Covey22 Moderator
29th Jul 2013
limeyzen Silver Member
29th Jul 2013
limeyzen Silver Member
29th Jul 2013
ericbowles Moderator
30th Jul 2013
limeyzen Silver Member
30th Jul 2013
ericbowles Moderator
30th Jul 2013

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 29-Jul-13 01:47 PM
10578 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Geoff,

I believe Transfer is now part of the View NX program. You need to launch it and assuming the program properly detects an inserted memory/flash card, you will have a Transfer button somewhere on the upper left of the menu bar when View NX launches. It's been hokey at times - I've had cards inserted in my reader and Transfer remains grayed out, but the last two upgrades, it's been working like a champ.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Mon 29-Jul-13 01:55 PM
327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Waynesville, US

Thank you Armando. As you probably guessed I am techno challenged so I appreciate this. I'm sure that somewhere in the download instructions this was indicated - but I must have missed it. Will come back if I have problems.

Geoff

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Mon 29-Jul-13 04:42 PM
#3. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Waynesville, US

Found it! - Tx

Geoff

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 30-Jul-13 11:25 AM
8524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Atlanta, US

It is still possible to download and use the old Nikon Transfer program from the Nikon Download site, but DON'T DO IT without a really good reason. The old product does not support newer cameras and will corrupt images.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Tue 30-Jul-13 01:01 PM
#5. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Waynesville, US

Eric, thank you. I have a D90 so by your post might not be a problem? But this is good for me, and others, to know. I'm surprised that Nikon did not make this more obvious in their download availability notification and preamble.

Geoff

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 30-Jul-13 01:11 PM
8524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: View NX2 upgrade download problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Atlanta, US

The old version of Nikon Transfer has been discontinued for quite some time - since the initial release of View NX2. There may be issues beyond the file corruption. In any event, I don't see any reason to use it.

The old version does have fine print describing that it will not operate properly with newer cameras. I am sure there is some obscure reason for not removing it completely, but it would save a lot of headaches if they provided better notification - for example, a warning pop up that indicates it is an old version and should not be used.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10689 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.