nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10625
View in linear mode

Subject: "NRW files from Coolpix P330" Previous topic | Next topic
matinee72 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2002Mon 08-Jul-13 01:52 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NRW files from Coolpix P330"

San Diego, CA, US

Hi. I just upgraded my ViewNX to 2.7.6, but it is having problems opening NRW files from my Coolpix P330. It says "unsupported file type" when attempting to open NRW.

Do I maybe have to put ACR 7.4 where ViewNX can see/use it? Or something else.

Thanks.

Harold

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 12-Jul-13 07:43 PM
8925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NRW files from Coolpix P330"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

View NX2 should be able to open and read NRW files. Are the files being modified in any way by ACR. Once you have done anything to the file in ACR, there are limitations in what you can do wiht it in View or Capture. View NX2 does not see or use ACR in any manner.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

matinee72 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2002Sun 14-Jul-13 07:38 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NRW files from Coolpix P330"
In response to Reply # 1

San Diego, CA, US

Thank you, Eric. ViewNX is now opening my new P330 NRW files, ones made since upgrading to 2.7.6. A big set of NRW images I made and uploaded before 2.7.6 is still problematic, but I can open them in PS Elements 11 so there is no crisis. Looks like I'm set to move ahead successfully now with P330 > ViewNX.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10625 Previous topic | Next topic