Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10589
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Capture" Previous topic | Next topic
Bill Kennedy Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013Sat 29-Jun-13 09:00 PM
417 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Capture"

Christiansburg, US

I only shoot RAW and use ACR. Based on many comments here about NX2 I downloaded a trail copy and played with it today. Bottom line, I will not use ACR in the future. NX2 is easy to use (so is ACR!!!) and gives me results I like better!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Capture
jrp Administrator
29th Jun 2013
robsb Platinum Member
30th Jun 2013
arbie Silver Member
30th Jun 2013
Kidkett Silver Member
02nd Jul 2013
pqtrths Silver Member
03rd Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator
03rd Jul 2013
martinimac
03rd Jul 2013
mklass Platinum Member
03rd Jul 2013

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 29-Jun-13 11:10 PM
34521 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Furthermore, your in-camera settings and Picture Controls will be read in interpreted for rendering the image.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 30-Jun-13 06:16 AM
12735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I had used Photoshop for years until I tried CNX2. I still have Photoshop, but do all my RAW processing and most of my post processing in CNX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

arbie Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2009Sun 30-Jun-13 12:24 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

A local (Nova Scotia) brewery used to have a series of commercials that proclaimed: "Those who like it, like it a lot!" NX2 users can say the same

Ralph MacAdam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbmac/

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Tue 02-Jul-13 06:15 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 0

Campo, US

Just like you, I used Lightroom for a couple of years and just didn't like the way my pictures came out. Tried NX2 one day and never looked back. The colors came out much better, more true to what I saw. Then I added Nik's Software inside NX2 that added icing to the cake.

Enjoy,
Bill

pqtrths Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd May 2007Wed 03-Jul-13 02:58 PM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 4

Dublin, CA, US

Post processing software - Phew!

I have Nikon NX2 Version 2.0.0 I purchased the same time that I bought PSE 8, and that I use to convert NEF files to JPEG's for my office computer. NX2 produces images that are closer to the captured scene. But I haven't compared the newer versions of NX2 to PSE 11 and LR4.

Mp

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 03-Jul-13 03:41 PM
10629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 0

US

CNX2 is still the RAW converter to beat if you're shooting NEFs, totally agree. And the Control Point technology is a lifesaver for those of us who don't do well in Adobe's Layers.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

martinimac Registered since 29th Jun 2013Wed 03-Jul-13 03:47 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 6

Exton, US

I am a Lightroom/Photoshop user and I have used NX2 a few times. I never go used to it, but when I used it, I found that it much more closely emulated what was going on in the camera than Photoshop/lightroom did. Adobe always seemed to alter my colors when I was pulling the images in. I hate that. Does Nikon provide a cataloging solution? Sorry for my ignorance here, but I would love to push myself to use their editing since it is more true than Adobe, but I need the integration that Adobe has. Thoughts?

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 03-Jul-13 04:17 PM
5908 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon Capture"
In response to Reply # 7

Tacoma, US

Nikon does not have a catalog application. CNX2 is not very flexible as a file manager. VNX is a decent browser and OK for light editing.

Many people, including me, pair CNX2 with Photo Mechanic. PM is a great file manager, browser, image ingester and tagging application. They are working on a cataloging add-on. I use PM to launch directly in CNX for editing, or other specialty apps, as needed.

Check out the free trial at http://www.camerabits.com

PM is easy to customize for perfect CNX integration. And thier customer support is first rate.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10589 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.