nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #10586
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Crop & Zoom Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
bkruppa Silver Member  Bluffton, US  Nikonian since 31st May 2013 Thu 27-Jun-13 07:43 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Crop & Zoom Issues"

Have two issues with NX2 (latest version). First is with the crop feature. On some pix when I double click to set the crop the resultant images goes to a vertical, thin, straight line about 2 inches tall. I try correct this by going back using the "Undo" function and then try again but get the same results. I usually do the crop after all other edits are complete and can occur or not occur with a given set of picture files (i.e. taken at the same photo shoot). This doesn't happen on all photos and occurs on both jpeg and NEF files. Any comments as to why this is happening?

Second issue is more annoying than anything and that has to do with the zoom function. I will click on the pix to zoom in. Click again and the zoom goes to 100% zoom so I have to back off to get the zoom percentage I want. Like the above this doesn't always occur but happens enough to where it is annoying.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dadorian Gold Member  Johannesburg, ZA  Nikonian since 17th Jul 2011 Thu 27-Jun-13 08:17 PM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Crop & Zoom Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

HI, I haven't experienced either of these phenomena, perhaps you should reinstall your copy it may be a localized problem?

Good luck

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine   Farmington Hills, US  Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004 Thu 27-Jun-13 08:29 PM
3845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Crop & Zoom Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

CNX2 is taking your double click as if it was 2 single clicks. This is probably an Op Sys settings issue.

• You could try setting the mouse double click speed slower in the Windows Control Panel or equivalent in a MAC OS.
  • Or use the enter key instead of double clicking to set the crop.

Unfortunately in CNX2 undo will not go back to the previous crop and, even more irritating to me, there is no way to change a crop once it is set.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #10586 Previous topic | Next topic