Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10569
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon and NX3" Previous topic | Next topic
migs Basic MemberMon 24-Jun-13 01:45 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon and NX3"
Mon 24-Jun-13 02:20 PM by migs

Warrington, GB

I sent Nikon an e-mail, basically asking if, given Adobe's apparent determination to alienate a large portion of its customer base, they would look to restart NX development. Here are the first two paragraphs of their reply...

"I would like to thank you for your suggestion to improve Nikon's editing software Capture NX, by incorporating different imaging abilities as you outlined in your email.

I can provide the idea for the improvement of Capture NX, to create an improved editing suite called Capture NX3, to the Nikon Design and Functionality Department. This means that Nikon Design and Functionality Department will take this suggestion into account and will consider all possibilities of manufacturing and selling a software suit as you suggested."

...which reads to me like...

"We have no intention of making NX3 but, because you've asked, we will pretend to look at it before we officially reject the idea"

That's probably that, then.

--
Paul
- Head full of magic, shoes full of rain

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3
mklass Platinum Member
24th Jun 2013
migs
25th Jun 2013
walkerr Administrator
24th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
25th Jun 2013
migs
25th Jun 2013
BR
30th Jun 2013

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Mon 24-Jun-13 06:41 PM
6060 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 24-Jun-13 06:51 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

Well, interpretation is in the eyes (and mind) of the beholder.

To me it says absolutely nothing, which is precisely what I would expect almost any company to say about how they intend to develop their software product.

But on the bright side, you got a reply!

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

migs Basic MemberTue 25-Jun-13 10:32 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 1

Warrington, GB

You're right, at least I did get a reply!

What I'd hoped for is something that said "It's already being looked at", but I suppose we'll see.

I'm still not hopeful, mind you.

--
Paul

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Mon 24-Jun-13 06:46 PM
14695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

I would keep in mind that you're not exchanging e-mails with a senior leader in Nikon. The person who responded is most likely a help desk person and may not even work for the company.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 25-Jun-13 06:28 PM
8785 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

You've obviously had more pleasant experiences with Nikon support than I have. For me, this response is better than my typical response. I have to at least give them credit for a nicer answer. If I had sent a similar message, I would have gotten something like this:

"All of our products are available for sale through authorized dealers. We hope that you like our products as you are very important to us. If this did not answer your question, you can submit an update online or call us."

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

migs Basic MemberTue 25-Jun-13 10:29 PM
#5. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 4

Warrington, GB

Clearly, Eric, I possess a charm that you lack

I will say though that, after those two paragraphs, it gets very auto-generated very quickly.

--
Paul

BR Registered since 17th Nov 2006Sun 30-Jun-13 01:15 AM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon and NX3"
In response to Reply # 0

Glen Mills, US

I think you would have received a similar response if you had asked whether Nikon were considering building an 800mm f/1.2 lens.

Barry

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10569 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.