nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
migs

Warrington, UK
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
migs Basic Member
Mon 24-Jun-13 01:45 PM | edited Mon 24-Jun-13 02:20 PM by migs

I sent Nikon an e-mail, basically asking if, given Adobe's apparent determination to alienate a large portion of its customer base, they would look to restart NX development. Here are the first two paragraphs of their reply...

"I would like to thank you for your suggestion to improve Nikon's editing software Capture NX, by incorporating different imaging abilities as you outlined in your email.

I can provide the idea for the improvement of Capture NX, to create an improved editing suite called Capture NX3, to the Nikon Design and Functionality Department. This means that Nikon Design and Functionality Department will take this suggestion into account and will consider all possibilities of manufacturing and selling a software suit as you suggested."

...which reads to me like...

"We have no intention of making NX3 but, because you've asked, we will pretend to look at it before we officially reject the idea"

That's probably that, then.

--
Paul
- Head full of magic, shoes full of rain

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
24th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 migs
25th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
24th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
25th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 migs
25th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon and NX3 BR
30th Jun 2013

G