Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1051
View in linear mode

Subject: "Step adjustments get turned off" Previous topic | Next topic
robb Basic MemberFri 29-Jan-10 04:51 AM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Step adjustments get turned off"

Central Valley, CA, US

Hi all.. I opened a RAW file with NX2 and did this:

1. used the straighten tool to even out the horizon
2. clicked New Step and turned the Distortion Control on

great... so far

Then I went to the dialog above in the Quick Fix and added a slight curve.. and noticed that the other 2 adjustments get unchecked and are turned off.. any way to stop that from happening?

Best Regards,
Rob

http://www.robbohningphotography.com
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 29-Jan-10 07:07 AM
13138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Step adjustments get turned off"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

If you look further down the thread this is answered, but the Readers Digest version is go into the preferences menu and make sure you check the box to keep all edit steps active. This is there so if you have a slow computer with very little memory, you can keep the steps from staying active, although they are still there by unchecking this box.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

robb Basic MemberFri 29-Jan-10 08:02 PM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Step adjustments get turned off"
In response to Reply # 1

Central Valley, CA, US

Thanks Bob I did not notice that.. I just downloaded the 60 day trial and would have expected that the option would be turned ON by default.. but I work in the software industry and understand the trade-offs of speed and functionality..

Best Regards,
Rob

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Fri 29-Jan-10 01:48 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Step adjustments get turned off"
In response to Reply # 0

Englewood, US

>Then I went to the dialog above in the Quick Fix and added a
>slight curve.. and noticed that the other 2 adjustments get
>unchecked and are turned off.. any way to stop that from
>happening?

Yessir; General Preferences window, select the "Keep all steps
active" checkbox

'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I
respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the
viewer.'
____Ansel Adams (1902 - 1984)

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

robb Basic MemberFri 29-Jan-10 07:58 PM
#3. "RE: Step adjustments get turned off"
In response to Reply # 2

Central Valley, CA, US

Thank you sir!

Best Regards,
Rob

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1051 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.