Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10485
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released" Previous topic | Next topic
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Wed 12-Jun-13 06:28 PM
886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"

Anchorage, US

Nikon released new versions of their View NX and Capture NX software:

Modifications enabled in View NX 2.7.6:

Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion function under File & Camera Information in the Metadata palette has been updated.
The destination for the link when the NIKON IMAGE SPACE website is opened from the NIKON IMAGE SPACE area in the Browser palette has been updated from my Picturetown to NIKON IMAGE SPACE.

Modifications enabled in Capture NX 2.4.3:

Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion function under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section has been updated.

Available for download at NikonUSA and NikonEurope support sites.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released
Asgard Administrator
12th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
13th Jun 2013
Robman3
17th Jun 2013
jacruzat Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
17th Jun 2013
jacruzat Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
17th Jun 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 12-Jun-13 09:34 PM
51777 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Thanks for info

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 13-Jun-13 07:23 PM
8790 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Thanks, Mike

Here's the link to the downloads from Nikon USA.
https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Mon 17-Jun-13 03:12 AM
1798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 2

West of Santa Monica, US

Thanks Eric,

The help link says 'no' updates indicated for either.

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jacruzat Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2012Mon 17-Jun-13 06:40 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 0

Maywood, US

Hopefully, I'm responding in the correct way. Although I'm not exactly "New" to Nikonians, I am very new to posting messages and following the correct conversation lines. But I intend to learn, since I have finally found a place I can "learn" and "talk" to people who understand what I'm talking about. I would like to know if, when these updates are available, they are cumulative, so that if a ".#" release is not necessarily important to me at that time, but the next release is, when I do decide to download I will have a complete software version.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 17-Jun-13 06:55 PM
8790 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

Most of the Nikon software updates are update releases and they are cumulative. Some of them require a specific complete release be installed before an update.

It's hard to determine that there is nothing relevant in a release. You can't go by the stated items that are included because they typically have patches and fixes included that are not specified. As a general rule, you should install updates after about a week of other people "working through any problems". Generally updates are fine, but as an example, the recent V1 firmware update causes a popular third party lens to no longer work.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

jacruzat Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2012Mon 17-Jun-13 07:11 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 5

Maywood, US

Thank you Eric. I'm glad you explained the software update process. I did not intend to download your announced update because it did not seem to be relevant to me. But now that I know that all modifications aren't necessarily listed in an announced release will go ahead and download it. Can you also suggest the best site from which to download? I am not particularly fond of the Nikonusa site. I found it quite confusing.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 17-Jun-13 08:22 PM
#7. "RE: Nikon View NX 2.7.6, Capture NX 2.4.3 released"
In response to Reply # 6

Atlanta, US

The NikonUSA.com site is really the only choice for the US. Once you get used to the site and the update process, it's really not that bad. Just be sure you choose between PC and Mac, and 32 bit or 64 bit if needed.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10485 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.