Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10458
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX2 - Finding both JPG and NEF" Previous topic | Next topic
banjoguy Registered since 04th Jun 2013Tue 04-Jun-13 01:33 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX2 - Finding both JPG and NEF"

Austin, US

I've looked various places and can't seem to find the answer to this "dumb" question. When I move images from my D7100 to ViewNX2 via the cable, I only see the NEF file for all images that I shoot with "JPEG + NEF". I can't tell if it's just ignoring the memory card in slot 2, or if it's hiding the JPEG if the same named NEF also exists. I can't find any description of how VNX2 handles the importing of files from the camera. Any pointers would help, please. Thanks!

Duane C.
Austin, TX

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

banjoguy Registered since 04th Jun 2013Tue 04-Jun-13 06:51 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX2 - Finding both JPG and NEF"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 04-Jun-13 06:52 PM by banjoguy

Austin, US

I'm not sure why this was moved, but at least I could find it. The answer to my question of yesterday is that, indeed, ViewNX2 only knows how to unload one memory card at a time from the D7100. In Nikon Transfer 2, inside the "Source" tab find the camera icon (once your camera is attached and powered on.) Now click on that (who knew?) and you will be presented with options for either Slot 1's card or Slot 2. You can choose one or the other, but not both. So, since I was sending NEF to slot 1 and Jpeg to slot 2, it was only transferring the NEF files. Now I'm getting them all.

Duane C.
Austin, TX

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 04-Jun-13 07:05 PM
50167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX2 - Finding both JPG and NEF"
In response to Reply # 1

East Frisia, DE

It was moved by me because this is the right forum for your question.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10458 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.