Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10417
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 & View NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
ahernskip Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2013Wed 22-May-13 01:37 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 & View NX2"

Denver, US

I just started shooting with a D4 and on some shots I cannot get either View or Capture to make changes--no Exposure control, no crop, no nothing the sliders are "greyed out". What is up with that? Help!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 22-May-13 03:27 PM
5966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 & View NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Some adjustments are not available when you shoot JPG, but you certainly should be able to crop and do most other things. If you are working on NEF files, you should have the full range of controls. I don't have a D4, but have no trouble with D800e and D7100 images.

Do you have the latest version of of VNX2 (2.7.5) and CNX2 (2.4.2)?

Can you post a screen shot?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 22-May-13 05:42 PM
8692 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 & View NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Those functions only work if the file has not been processed using other software. If you are ingesting using Lightroom and making any changes during ingest, you can't edit all functions. WB, exposure, and others are restricted in Capture and in View you can't make any edits.

If I copy files directly or import them using Photo Mechanic or Nikon View/Tansfer, I have full function.

Otherwise as Mick suggests, it's probably a lack of current versions.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10417 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.