nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10401
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2, D600 & Sharpening." Previous topic | Next topic
ecossephoto Registered since 21st Jun 2012Sat 18-May-13 06:45 AM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2, D600 & Sharpening."
Sat 18-May-13 06:46 AM by ecossephoto

UK

Hi,
I used Jason Odell's sharpening techniques for my D200 as I got his e-book and which worked well.
I have noticed a thread for the D800 which no doubt would be helpful for users of that body.

But I just got a D600. Are there any recommendations for sharpening on the D600?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 19-May-13 09:10 PM
8920 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2, D600 & Sharpening."
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

The general recommendations are the same, but you might be able to use a little more sharpening on the D600 for a given output because you will be downsizing the files. It depends on your workflow and whether you apply sharpening before or after resizing.

Final sharpening should be output specific. Earlier sharpening using High Pass or Unsharp Mask would use a little higher setting for the radius.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

ecossephoto Registered since 21st Jun 2012Sun 19-May-13 09:40 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2, D600 & Sharpening."
In response to Reply # 1

UK

Thanks Eric,
I am currently using my D200 settings which work well enough but I dare say they can be improved on.
All camera sharpening removed.
Capture Sharpening - USM 55,5,4
Final output sharpening for 300 dpi - USM 64,2,4 & High Pass Rad 2.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated but they are working fine enough.

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 22-May-13 04:30 AM
9867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CNX2, D600 & Sharpening."
In response to Reply # 1

Memphis, US

Excellent info Eric, Thanks.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10401 Previous topic | Next topic