nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10383
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2 stretches image on wide monitor" Previous topic | Next topic
Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Thu 16-May-13 01:20 AM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2 stretches image on wide monitor"

El Sobrante, US

I upgraded to a wide screen monitor a while back and I've noticed that CNX2 stretches the photo on my screen on the horizontal dimension. This is true for both portrait and landscape orientations. This is a problem on the displayed image only; it doesn't affect the photo when it is printed. Does anyone know of a setting that I can use to get the image to display correctly? I just checked and Lightroom does the same thing, so maybe it has something to do with the monitor setup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 17-May-13 03:07 AM
8914 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2 stretches image on wide monitor"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

It sounds like your monitor preferences to me. Try an alternate aspect ratio.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Fri 17-May-13 05:09 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2 stretches image on wide monitor"
In response to Reply # 1

El Sobrante, US

Hi, Eric.

Are you talking about a setting in CNX2, or something in Windows 8? Can you tell me where to find this setting? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 17-May-13 05:17 PM
8914 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CNX2 stretches image on wide monitor"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

In Windows 8, go to the Control Panel.
Select Appearance and Personalization/Display/Screen Resolution.

Choose the dimensions that establish correct proportions.

I have several monitors that I use with my laptop. When I change monitors I have to change the screen settings for one of the monitors.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10383 Previous topic | Next topic