Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10289
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Help menu" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sat 20-Apr-13 07:44 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Help menu"
Sun 21-Apr-13 05:13 PM by expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Anyone help me please?
I installed my Capture NX2 (legal with product code) onto a new PC (Win8 64 bit)
It all works except there is no Help Menu.
When I select Help & then Contents I am met with this message "index html is locked for editing by unknown user user"

NX2 is still on my old machine (Win7 64 bit)where it is fine & when Help Contents is open its explorer window shows -
C:\Program Files\Nikon\CaptureNX2\html\index.html

Both C drives show the same path C:\ProgramFiles\Nikon\CaptureNX2\html\images.

I am lost where do I look for a missing html index?

Thanks for any help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sun 21-Apr-13 05:14 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Help menu"
In response to Reply # 0

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Solved.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 21-Apr-13 05:43 PM
52164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Help menu"
In response to Reply # 1

East Frisia, DE

What was the Problem ? How did you solved it ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sun 21-Apr-13 06:25 PM
#3. "RE: NX2 Help menu"
In response to Reply # 2

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Finger trouble I think, when I downloaded a new word processor somehow it became set to open html by default.
Spent many happy hours searching though Nikon files.
Found C - program files - Nikon - Capture NX2 - html contains the help files and in my case they were all set to open with the office program, I just right clicked one and set them open with Explorer.
Silly really, didn't think it through in the first place.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10289 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.