nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10271
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
Chuckster902 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Nov 2005Tue 16-Apr-13 01:15 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"

Scotia, US

I just moved up from a D80 to a D7100. I love the camera and have been trying out different USM settings in CNX2.

Does anyone have any recommended USM settings for the D7100?

Chuck S.

"Life is Messy."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100
Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
17th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
17th Apr 2013
sirraj Silver Member
17th Apr 2013
Chuckster902 Silver Member
18th Apr 2013
Chuckster902 Silver Member
18th Apr 2013

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Wed 17-Apr-13 06:33 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Campo, US

Hi Chuck,

You may want to look at this post to see if the information helps you out any:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=133&topic_id=10201&mesg_id=10201&page=

Good Luck,
Bill

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 17-Apr-13 01:22 PM
6227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Here's 2 USM settings for CNX2 to try. See which you like better:

Intensity 15%
Radius 15%
Threshold 8

Intensity 100%
Radius 1%
Threshold 1

See which you like better.

The "clarity" adjustment referenced above will also work, but it is very strong. The above settings are more subtle.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Wed 17-Apr-13 06:42 PM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 2

Minneapolis, US

Great question, thanks for asking. I'll give those values a try.

Sirraj

Chuckster902 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Nov 2005Thu 18-Apr-13 01:28 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 2

Scotia, US

Thank you.

Chuck S.

"Life is Messy."

Chuckster902 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Nov 2005Thu 18-Apr-13 01:37 AM
#5. "RE: CNX2 Sharpening Settings for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 2

Scotia, US

I like the 15-8-8 better. I had been using 45-5-4. Thank you for your advice.

Chuck S.

"Life is Messy."

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10271 Previous topic | Next topic