Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10230
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 10-Apr-13 04:15 PM
5908 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
Wed 10-Apr-13 04:17 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I have CNX 2.4.1 in a Win 7 64 bit environment. 32GB RAM, ATI graphics adapter. CNX is installed on 256GB SSD Drive, files are on a 1TB WD Black SATA Drive.

When I am processing D800e NEFs, the mouse cursor in CNX acts "sticky" and jumps about, lagging my actual movements. This does not happen with D3s files.

This behavior actually started with the first version of CNX to appear with D800e compatibility. It has just finally gotten to the point of really annoying me.

I've tried turning the cache on and off (it is on the SSD drive when on), but that makes no difference.

Any known or suggested cure?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files
walkerr Administrator
10th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member
11th Apr 2013
walkerr Administrator
11th Apr 2013
kennoll Gold Member
11th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member
11th Apr 2013
Just Clickin Gold Member
12th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member
12th Apr 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 10-Apr-13 09:39 PM
14547 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

Have you checked to see if your graphics card driver is the latest version?

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 11-Apr-13 12:52 PM
5908 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 1

Tacoma, US

Hmmm... Windows says my driver is up to date, The AMD Catalyst utility says my driver is up to date, but the AMD web site has a driver dated 1 month later than the date Windows reports for my existing one. I downloaded and installed it, but the problem is still there.

There is a beta drive on the AMD web site, maybe I'll try that.

Mick
or

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Thu 11-Apr-13 01:05 PM
14547 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

Unfortunately, that's about all I can think of. I haven't heard about this problem in general.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Thu 11-Apr-13 05:06 PM
794 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, US

Is this problem only with CNX? Do you have another app you can try?

Perhaps a uninstall/re-install of CNX would help? Perhaps try moving CNX off the SSD as a test?

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 11-Apr-13 06:12 PM
#5. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 4

Tacoma, US

It happens only in CNX2.

This occured before had this computer with the SSD and everything was on a normal HD, so I don't think it is the SSD.

I'll try a reinstall.

It does not happen on my laptop, which has a regular HD, 16 GB ram, Radeon graphics as well, but an Intel rather than AMD processor. However, before I got the new desktop with the SSD, my old desktop was an Intel.

Mick
or

Just Clickin Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jun 2009Fri 12-Apr-13 12:40 AM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 5

Pensacola, US

Are your cache settings correct?

Tom Wilby

http://tomwilby.zenfolio.com

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 12-Apr-13 01:21 AM
#7. "RE: Sticky Curson in CNX2 with D800e files"
In response to Reply # 6

Tacoma, US

I've tried with the cache set to 2 GB on the SSD and also turned it off. Makes no difference.

Mick
or

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10230 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.