Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10197
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Preferences" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sat 06-Apr-13 12:56 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Preferences"

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Would someone kindly refresh my memory as I feel sure this has been well covered before.
I have installed Capture NX2 onto a new desktop and set Preferences as per NX2 on my old laptop. Both machines are therefore V2.4.1. NX2

In Preferences Color Management Default RGB Color Space - on the old laptop there is a choice of say 30 Color Spaces including Nikon, Adobe RGB 1998, sRGB,Pro Photo as well as many printer and screen choices.

On the newly installed desktop NX2 there are only 10 choices all of which are Nikon ones except for a single sRGB,I cannot understand why my two displays are different or how to add the full list of Spaces.

(Laptop is Win7 desktop Win8)

Thanks for looking.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sun 07-Apr-13 09:03 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Preferences"
In response to Reply # 0

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

If I expand the details from recent findings would it help to get a reply, I have gone a bit further but now lost in knowledge of Windows.

Looked at C:\Windows\system\spool\drivers\color and found that my Win 8 PC shows only 28 entries where the old win 7 laptop shows 47 including the adobe and ProPhoto profiles I am looking for.

As stated both machines have Capture NX2 V2.4.1

Thanks

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Tue 09-Apr-13 09:32 AM
#2. "RE: NX2 Preferences"
In response to Reply # 1

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Answering my own question after seeking the help of a very nice Nikon UK advisor (who possibly thought it was as stupid a question as you lot did, but I am not exactly a Windows expert)
The color space list is an OS function and not NX2s so it was simply a case of copying the extra profiles from my old machine with a memory stick and pasting them into the Windows System file, as the advisor suggested.
One anomaly remains is how the large list got onto my old machine which I had from new as I didn't put them there perhaps Windows 7 did.

cej_in_nc Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Tue 09-Apr-13 09:33 PM
101 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 Preferences"
In response to Reply # 2

Waynesville, US

Color profiles may be installed during software installation (NX2, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc), when adding a printer to your system, by adding profiles for specific papers, and for monitor calibration. There are likely other reasons why a color profile may be added to your system.

In your case, a likely possibility is a printer was present on your old system and is not present on the new (?)

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 10-Apr-13 06:01 AM
#4. "RE: NX2 Preferences"
In response to Reply # 3

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks for reply

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10197 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.