Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10149
View in linear mode

Subject: "nx2-version2.9- why the reduction of reduced jpeg.mg" Previous topic | Next topic
bullss Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 10:35 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"nx2-version2.9- why the reduction of reduced jpeg.mg"

Knoxville, US

I lost my motherboard due to an electrical storm which also took out the NX2 that I was useing for my photos.The question I have is what needs to be corrected because the jpeg mgs. are greatly reduced or compressed .I will use the previous raw and jpg. photo as a comparison-previous raw-13.9--jpeg-7.93.After the new installation of NX2 the jpeg for the same photo is now 1.8mg.I would appreciate your thoughts .
Thank You
Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Mar-13 10:59 AM
8692 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: nx2-version2.9- why the reduction of reduced jpeg.mg"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

I assume you are referring to View NX2 - not Capture NX2.

Most likely a setting has changed - either the quality or the dimensions of the resized image.

Take a look at your settings. For quality the largest image will be Highest Quality. The "Change Image Size" box should not be checked for a full size image.

If you wanted to resize for the web, you would check the Change Image Size box and set a dimension of 800-1000 pixels on the longest side. Then move the Quality slider to Good Compression or smaller. This should produce a file of around 100-150kb depending on the image.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10149 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.