Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10138
View in linear mode

Subject: "Missing D800 Focus Point Information?" Previous topic | Next topic
johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006Tue 26-Mar-13 03:11 PM
525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
Tue 26-Mar-13 03:11 PM by johno

St. Louis, US

Is anybody else here not seeing the focus point information from their D800 in NX?

I'm thinking it is not setting related, because the meta data in the d800 image is much more sparse than from my D200, for example. The d200 exif shows focus mode, etc, but not the d800 exif.

Is this a known issue?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?
RECONLEY Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
johno Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
Asgard Administrator
26th Mar 2013
johno Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
johno Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
briantilley Moderator
27th Mar 2013
johno Silver Member
27th Mar 2013

RECONLEY Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jun 2012Tue 26-Mar-13 04:02 PM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

All of the data files are propagated from both my D800s into VNX2. File info 1, file info 2, camera info, exposure, flash, image settings and picture controls are all filled. You maybe looking at an import setting that is excluding the data.

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006Tue 26-Mar-13 04:34 PM
525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 1

St. Louis, US

Thanks

Interesting. But I am importing the D200 file into the same open copy of NX2 as the D800 image.

Meta data window is the same -- open on both at the same time.

I just opened two images directly from my desktop -- D300 and D800 and the exif is much different here too.

Is your D800 Exif showing you focus mode? Can you see the focus point displayed when you select that option?

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 26-Mar-13 10:53 PM
48504 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Which version of the software do you use ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 12:25 AM
#4. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 3

St. Louis, US

Nx2

Just updated to latest this morning. However I did not restart yet, and the version I had predates the d800 by a long while.

I will see after a reboot.

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 01:25 PM
#5. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 4

St. Louis, US

The software verion is NX2 -- version 2.0.

A reboot after update did not change anything. The focus point info is missing, from the image and the metadata.

Are you saying with NX2 and a D800 image, if you select "show focus point" it will lay the red rectangle on the image?

And in the metadata panel you can see the focus mode, etc. under camera settings?

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 27-Mar-13 01:56 PM
28316 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 5

Paignton, GB

The latest version of ViewNX2 is 2.7.4. Version 2.0 is quite outdated.

Bear in mind that the focus point will not always display, for one thing it depends on whether the camera believed focus had been acquired.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 02:01 PM
#7. "RE: Missing D800 Focus Point Information?"
In response to Reply # 6

St. Louis, US

Thanks

The software promoted me to update when I opened it yesterday, so I thought that was it. I'll see about finding the update and check agains.

Thanks

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10138 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.