Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10091
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released" Previous topic | Next topic
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 13-Mar-13 05:15 PM
12834 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
Thu 14-Mar-13 01:48 AM by jrp

San Jose, US

Nikon released update to Capture NX2 and Control 2 today. NX2 includes D7100 and bug fixes and new compatibility with Win 8 and Win 8 Pro (my 2.4 copy worked fine with Win 8 Pro?). You need Control Pro 13 installed to install ver 14.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released
Asgard Administrator
13th Mar 2013
gerphil Silver Member
18th Mar 2013
gearsau Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
Asgard Administrator
21st Mar 2013
gearsau Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
ericbowles Moderator
25th Mar 2013
n6jah Silver Member
23rd Mar 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
25th Jul 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 13-Mar-13 05:36 PM
51232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 13-Mar-13 05:36 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

Thanks for the Info, Bob

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

gerphil Silver Member Charter MemberMon 18-Mar-13 02:16 PM
171 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 0

Haarlem, NL

Version 2.4.1 at last also solves the temporary files disk full pop-up bug. That makes me very happy.

gearsau Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Sep 2004Thu 21-Mar-13 12:02 PM
962 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 2

Nerang, AU

I updated my program tonight, and all it did was crash .

So, after a few attempts, I uninstalled it , and got my Nikon Capture NX2 Version 2.2 disc out and re-installed it... Seems stable now.

It will do me for a while. Tired of upgrading and crashing.

Regards ............Peter

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 21-Mar-13 06:32 PM
51232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 3

East Frisia, DE

I had no problem.

I would update both, ViewNX and CaptureNX.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

gearsau Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Sep 2004Thu 21-Mar-13 08:46 PM
962 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 4

Nerang, AU

Gerold,

I did update both, but, NX2 just kept on crashing. I never had any real problems previously with NX2 ( except 2.2.6 )

I do like the program, but, I will wait until 2.4.2 comes out before trying again. I'm running D3S, D3 and D2Xs as well.

Regards ............Peter

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 25-Mar-13 10:21 AM
8710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 5

Atlanta, US

Your experience with Capture NX2 crashing is not normal. I expect there is some other issue causing the problem. If you'd like to discuss in more detail, perhaps we can help in a fresh thread.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

n6jah Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Sep 2002Sat 23-Mar-13 05:17 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 0

Corona, US

I downloaded & installed 64 bit version of CNX2 to my Win7 PC. When I add an LCH step, and use the "Add Anchor Point" function, a message box titled "WARNING" pops up with the message "Please restart application for the changes to take effect." I click OK, and the anchor point is saved in the LCH window. Sometimes I get the message when just moving the dropper. Sometimes the message will pop up 3 or 4 times in a row. It happens with all four options: Master Lightness, Color Lightness, Chroma, and Hue.

Other functions seem to be working OK, even when using the selection "dropper".

Anyone know where can I report this to Nikon? When searching through their web site, the closest I could find was the "Ask Nikon" page when I log into my account.

jim
.... . ... . . ... ... .... . .. ... .... .. ... .... .. .... ..

pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Thu 25-Jul-13 10:20 PM
254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Capture NX 2.4.1 and Control Pro 2.14 released"
In response to Reply # 6

Tucson AZ, US

Jim,
Did you ever find a solution to those popups? I'm having the same problem. I'm using CNX2 v 2.4.3 on Windows 7 64-bit. The problem often occurs after an LCH step, but I have managed to make it happen with many different sequences of adjustment steps. It is driving me crazy. Reinstalling does not help.

Visit my gallery on 23hq

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10091 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.