Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10084
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX 2" Previous topic | Next topic
Bill00 Registered since 23rd Jan 2013Fri 08-Mar-13 08:36 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX 2"

US

Just downloaded a trial version of Capture NX 2 and would like to start using it. Is there any basis tutorial I could use beside something on YouTube? I just need to understand the basis tools to get started.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX 2
Asgard Administrator
08th Mar 2013
jimmyv13068 Silver Member
10th May 2013
sirraj Silver Member
11th Mar 2013
swampwizard
15th Mar 2013
four eighty sparky Silver Member
13th Mar 2013
jimmyv13068 Silver Member
12th Apr 2013
Dadorian Gold Member
10th May 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 08-Mar-13 08:45 PM
50866 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Check out this:

http://www.capturenx.com/en/index.html

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/software/capturenx2/index.htm

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

jimmyv13068 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2011Fri 10-May-13 09:39 PM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 1

Huntington, US

>Check out this:
>
>http://www.capturenx.com/en/index.html
>
>http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/software/capturenx2/index.htm
>
>
That is a help...Thank you!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Mon 11-Mar-13 11:38 AM
194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Minneapolis, US

I purchased Jason Odell's "The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX2", it was really very good, I learned a lot.

http://www.luminescentphoto.com/nx2guide.html

Sirraj

swampwizard Registered since 04th Nov 2012Fri 15-Mar-13 12:29 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Yes, I learned alot also.

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Wed 13-Mar-13 01:04 AM
1477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Not a video, but a book. Mike Hagens' After the Shoot.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Capture-NX-After-Shoot/dp/0470409266

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

jimmyv13068 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2011Fri 12-Apr-13 03:49 PM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 3

Huntington, US

Let me know what you find out and what is helpful, I am in the same boat. Just downloaded trial version and attempting to learn. I'll let ya know if I find anything helpful as well. So far though, along with Aperture, I'm finding that my D300 does EVERYTHING I need in a body. After I get some high quality glass, I really can find no reason to go to a more expensive body as 12 MP is doing everything in those 2 programs I personally need.

Dadorian Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2011Fri 10-May-13 09:27 PM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Capture NX 2"
In response to Reply # 5

Johannesburg, ZA

I was in exactly the same position and followed the advice posted earlier and downloaded Jason Odell's Guide. It is well worthwhile as a starter although once you have the basics it gets a little boring. I used post in notes around the edge of my mac to get my pea brain to register suggested workflow and I am now having a lot of fun and further tips regarding NX2 from the forums are now making sense. Definitely recommend this ebook.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10084 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.