nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10065
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?" Previous topic | Next topic
jagdpanther Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2008Sun 03-Mar-13 10:36 PM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"

Burbank, US

How do I invert colors in CNX2? If I have a black background and I want it white?

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
04th Mar 2013
jagdpanther Silver Member
04th Mar 2013
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Mar 2013
gerphil Silver Member
05th Mar 2013
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
06th Mar 2013
06th Mar 2013
mefnj Silver Member
20th Mar 2013
21st Mar 2013

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 04-Mar-13 01:25 AM
13342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

The easy way is just put a color control point on the area and then use the color picker in that tool. You can pick any color you want.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

jagdpanther Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2008Mon 04-Mar-13 02:04 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 1

Burbank, US

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this and although it almost works, colors and tones that are 'close' to the select color are partially changed also. (I then use additional color control points to 'protect' those 'close' colors I don't want to change or use a minus selection brush to mask out those 'close' colors. I was hoping there was something more elegant.)

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 05-Mar-13 07:50 AM
13342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 05-Mar-13 06:47 PM by robsb

San Jose, US

Your other choices would be using the LCH tool or just select the area with a control point and then set the color.

Finally you could just use the colorize tool while controlling where it works either by using a control point or using a =/-brush.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

gerphil Silver Member Charter MemberTue 05-Mar-13 09:55 AM
181 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 3

Haarlem, NL

You could limit the 'range' of the conversion further by adding a selection point next to where you put the color steering point, or in case you use the LCH monitor, to the area you want the color to be inverted.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 06-Mar-13 06:57 PM
8927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

The LCH command works really well for color. You can select Hue and change the selection from 60 degrees to 180 degrees. Then move the slider up or down to taste. This is the approach used for swapping channels in color IR, but it works for other situations as well.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

jagdpanther Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2008Wed 06-Mar-13 10:06 PM
#6. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 5

Burbank, US

>LCH command works really well for color.

Thanks. I forgot about that part of LCH.

mefnj Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2009Wed 20-Mar-13 05:42 PM
242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 6

US

if you want to invert the entire image, use the levels curve in the develop(?) section of NX2... grab the lower left point and drag it all the way to the upper left corner, and then grab the upper right point and drag it all the way to the lower right corner.

basically, you flip the curve/line

jagdpanther Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2008Thu 21-Mar-13 02:03 AM
#8. "RE: CNX2 - How Do I Invert Colors?"
In response to Reply # 7

Burbank, US

>if you want to invert the entire image, use the levels curve
>in the develop(?) section of NX2... grab the lower left point
>and drag it all the way to the upper left corner, and then
>grab the upper right point and drag it all the way to the
>lower right corner.

Yes. Thanks.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10065 Previous topic | Next topic