Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10055
View in linear mode

Subject: "GEOtag NEF image files, in batch, with a .GPX file work..." Previous topic | Next topic
fietsert Registered since 23rd Feb 2013Sat 23-Feb-13 08:56 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"GEOtag NEF image files, in batch, with a .GPX file works fine in ViewNX2 (current version)"

NL

Adding GPS info to NEF image files, in batch, with a .GPX file, works fine in ViewNX2 (current version). I like to state this, for it took me some time to find out what went wrong at my first attempt to do so. And the information I found on the internet , dis-encouraged me about not using ViewNX2 for this job. But it 's ok.
Be carefull with (auto) daylight-savings settings in both your camera and GPS device. For as sync between fotofile en GPS/GPX data is made timestamp based, so this can be tricky. VNX does not come up with a clear warning when a mismatch due to a out-of-step time setting occurs.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pfgbel47 Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2007Tue 26-Feb-13 10:15 AM
1467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: GEOtag NEF image files, in batch, with a .GPX file works fine in ViewNX2 (current version)"
In response to Reply # 0

LIEGE, BE

Hi fietsert !
Thanks for your post !
I find your warning very interesting because ViewNX didn't manage this type of data before !

However, this is a common warning to all those who include their geodata afterwards, I mean after they shot their photographs.
Generally the used softwares clearly indicate that these parameters have to be filled in to compensate the differences between the universal time (given by the gps) and the time recorded in your camera.

I wrote what I think to be an interesting review about this if I consider the number of views, you can read it on my website here: http://www.geosolve.be/addendumnmea_en.htm

The review is in both french and english languages and gives several tips about transferring geodata to the Exif of images.
All this kind of informations can be found on my website www.geosolve.be under the title >"Dossiers" >"Autres dossiers thématiques".

Pol

Admin Nikonians French language section
Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire..."

Admin Nikonians Section en Langue Française
Nikonians® - L'endroit du monde où les photographes Nikon® sont chez eux
"Partager, Apprendre et Inspirer..."

My Website / Mon Site

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10055 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.