nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10014
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2 2.4 printing problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Thu 14-Feb-13 11:46 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2 2.4 printing problem"

El Sobrante, US

HI, Everyone.

I recently upgraded my CNX2 from several releases back to 2.4.0 and now the printer dialog seems to be missing some important pieces. I used to be able to select the print quality, type of paper, etc. but the newer release doesn't have these things, at least not where I've been able to find them. I'm using an Epson Pro R1800 printer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 15-Feb-13 12:34 PM
6255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2 2.4 printing problem"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 15-Feb-13 12:35 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

The printer driver settings are completely separate from CNX. The CNX print settings only let you select paper size, orientation, margins, paper profile and some other layout functions. That screen looks like this in v2.4:

Once you hit "print in the screen above, you will get this (if you are using Windows):

Click on "Preferences" to adjust the printer settings, like paper type, quality, printer color management, etc. For my R1900, this pops up:

If your R1800 is not set as your default printer, it will not automatically be the printer that you are setting. Close CNX, set your system default printer to the R1800 and restart CNX. You can also change to a different printer in the system printer dialog after you slick "Print" in CNX, but then you may need to go back into CNX to change you paper size.

If this still isn't working, check to see if you can get to the R1800 printer driver settings in another application. You may need to reinstall your printer.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Fri 15-Feb-13 06:55 PM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2 2.4 printing problem"
In response to Reply # 1

El Sobrante, US

Thanks for the guidance, Mick. When I get to the Printing Preferences screen, all I have on it is a minimal Layout template. I will try downloading and installing the driver manually. When I first installed the printer, I let Windows 8 do it automatically, which may not have been a good idea. I'll let you know how it goes.

Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Fri 15-Feb-13 07:37 PM
#3. "RE: CNX2 2.4 printing problem"
In response to Reply # 1

El Sobrante, US

Downloading and installing the printer driver manually resolved the problem. The screen shots you provided let me see that I was missing something. Thanks again, Mick.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 15-Feb-13 07:57 PM
6255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CNX2 2.4 printing problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Tacoma, US

Glad you got it fixed so quick, Toby.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10014 Previous topic | Next topic