Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1001
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2, Mac Snow Leopard, SOFT PROOF PROBLEM" Previous topic | Next topic
Artes Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Nov 2006Mon 25-Jan-10 08:37 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2, Mac Snow Leopard, SOFT PROOF PROBLEM"

Toronto, CA

I am having a problem soft-proofing in Capture NX2.

Equipment:

(A) Old Macbook Pro:

• Runs Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard).
• Capture NX2 V. 2.2.2
• Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II

When I soft proof a .nef picture or change the colour profile, I can choose from all the icc profiles in users/Library/ColorSynch/Profiles (downloaded icc profiles).

In addition, I can choose the Canon profiles for standard Canon papers such as:

Canon Pro9500 GL1, MP1, PT1, SG1 (included in the Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II driver).

In other words, this system works perfectly. I have access to all icc profiles when working in Capture NX2.

(B) New Macbook Pro:

• Runs Mac OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
• Capture NX2 V. 2.2.4 (Snow Leopard compatible)
• Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II (including driver compatible with Snow Leopard)

When I try to soft proof or attempt to change the colour profile the drop down list does NOT include the standard Canon paper profiles included with the Canon driver. The only profiles available are the ones in my user library.

Similarly, when I accessed Capture NX2 Preferences/ Color Management, the Standard Canon paper profiles were NOT available.

I know the standard Canon paper profiles are in my computer because they are available when I print from Capture NX2.

I tried to download the Standard Canon paper profiles to add them to my icc library, but they are only available as part of the printer driver.

How can I get Capture NX2 to see the Standard Canon paper profiles?

Any help would be appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #1001 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.