Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10009
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available" Previous topic | Next topic
SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Wed 13-Feb-13 06:34 PM
1462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available"
Wed 13-Feb-13 06:37 PM by SRFast

New York City, US

For those who didn't know ViewNX 2.7.1 was available, you can download it here:
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18097

Regards....JL

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available
Asgard Administrator
13th Feb 2013
nrothschild Silver Member
15th Feb 2013
micro Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Availablee
ericbowles Moderator
14th Feb 2013
micro Silver Member
14th Feb 2013
ericbowles Moderator
15th Feb 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 13-Feb-13 09:00 PM
51759 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Thanks

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Fri 15-Feb-13 02:12 PM
10916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Eric is correct that you *should* be able to update from version to version.

After recently updating CaptureNX2 something "broke". If I tried to batch render a folder of images it would crash after rendering about 40-50 images. With single renders or small batches I don;t think I had any specific problems.

I fixed it by uninstalling ViewNX2 and CaptureNX2, and reinstalling using the shortest path possible. At the moment that is Capture NX2 V2.3(full) + the latest update, and then ViewNX2 V2.7.1.

Having had similar problems in the past, personally I would avoid updating if possible. For example, I would never install the apps provided on the camera CD. I would start with the latest possible install just to avoid potential problems. But that only because I've been there and done that more than once, just doing periodic updates as new versions come out.

I suspect the problems I had may well be due to how Nikon shares modules between View and Capture, and how things may go bad when they are using incompatible versions. Or something like that. If you don't install and update Capture you may not have the update problems I've had.

my Nikonians gallery.

micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Wed 13-Feb-13 11:37 PM
505 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Available"
In response to Reply # 0

walkertown, US

heck,I just got mine 3 days ago with my new camera and it is version 2.0.2.I'm thinking that 2.7.1 is much newer?

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 14-Feb-13 11:11 AM
8788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Availablee"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

The assumption with any program included with a camera is that you will update the software. Updates include everything from minor enhancements to bug fixes, unpublished fixes and support for new cameras. Most new camera NEF files cannot be processed without updating.

You should update to the newest version. Nikon Message Center is not a reliable or timely way to follow updates.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

micro Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2008Thu 14-Feb-13 10:10 PM
505 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Availablee"
In response to Reply # 3

walkertown, US

should I remove the old version first or can I just download the new version?

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 15-Feb-13 02:22 AM
8788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 is Availablee"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

Just download and install the update.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10009 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.