nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10003
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 " Previous topic | Next topic
NRVVA Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2013Tue 12-Feb-13 02:43 AM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 "

New River Valley, US

I just installed (in Windows 7) Nikon View NX Ver. 1.0.1 which came with the like-new D300 I bought. I know this is an older, earlier version of this program. I see that the program has an icon for a D200 (ilo D300) or a mass storage device as sources for image downloads. I downloaded my images from the D300 with a card reader. The program seems to work fine, with one exception I have found so far. I think I clicked a "check for updates" button and got an error window that says "Internet Connection Error", "Your request cannot be completed because the service could not be found or did not respond. The service might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your network settings."

There is then a button for "Try Again" or "Cancel"

When I click on either of those buttons to get the error window off of the screen, the error window blinks and returns, even with repeated clicks. To close the error window I have to click on the red X in the upper-right corner, as you do to close any window. Then when I go into the Help section of the program and choose the tab "Check for Updates", a blank window comes up with "no updates available", and it acts like it did not even check for updates.

Are updates available for this program, on line, free? Should this program pick them up and install them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Tue 12-Feb-13 03:21 AM
3809 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 "
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

View NX now View NX2 is a free download. You can get it here. It's probably best to uninstall your current View NX before installing VNX2.

Nikon's "check for updates" always seems to have problems. Even when it works it is delayed by days or more from the revision being issued. Just keep going back to the above site occasionally. Usually notice of updates to View and Capture are posted in this forum within hours of release.

The current version of VNX2 is 2.7.1

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

NRVVA Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2013Tue 12-Feb-13 04:40 AM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 "
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 12-Feb-13 04:28 PM by ericbowles

New River Valley, US

Thanks Gary,

I know I am a little behind in the versions!! Good to know that the updates are somewhat problematical too. I'll see about getting the more modern versions installed.

Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RSchussel Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2008Tue 19-Feb-13 08:01 PM
419 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 "
In response to Reply # 2

Vallejo, US

ViewNX2 allows you to do more things and it is easy to use. You are just asking for trouble by not going to ViewNX2.

If you ever go to a D800/D600 you will need to use Transfer2 which is in the tool bar of ViewNX2.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 19-Feb-13 08:23 PM
52820 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Problem with View NX Ver.1.0.1 "
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Download and use the newest Version 2.7.2

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61#Anchor-17

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10003 Previous topic | Next topic