nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
NRVVA

New River Valley, US
373 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NRVVA Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2013
Tue 12-Feb-13 01:43 AM

I just installed (in Windows 7) Nikon View NX Ver. 1.0.1 which came with the like-new D300 I bought. I know this is an older, earlier version of this program. I see that the program has an icon for a D200 (ilo D300) or a mass storage device as sources for image downloads. I downloaded my images from the D300 with a card reader. The program seems to work fine, with one exception I have found so far. I think I clicked a "check for updates" button and got an error window that says "Internet Connection Error", "Your request cannot be completed because the service could not be found or did not respond. The service might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your network settings."

There is then a button for "Try Again" or "Cancel"

When I click on either of those buttons to get the error window off of the screen, the error window blinks and returns, even with repeated clicks. To close the error window I have to click on the red X in the upper-right corner, as you do to close any window. Then when I go into the Help section of the program and choose the tab "Check for Updates", a blank window comes up with "no updates available", and it acts like it did not even check for updates.

Are updates available for this program, on line, free? Should this program pick them up and install them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G