Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1963
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Happy with the 70-300" Previous topic | Next topic
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Tue 16-Oct-12 09:06 AM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Happy with the 70-300"
In response to In response to 1

Alberta, CA

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the V1 club! We seem to be on the same path very very often

I recently also got the D800E, not long after you got your D800. On that topic, the D800 seems a very good high ISO birding tool so far.

Anyhow the V1 with a mid-range telephoto seems a nice light carry option compared to what we are used to on DX and FX, but yes the FT-1 is a few bucks!

As an aside, I tried the FT-1 with my 500mm way back in April but believe it or not it was too much focal length - doesn't happen too often for us birders eh? But mating it with a 300mm and it seems a nice range.

Hope you enjoy the V1.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicHappy with the 70-300 [View all] , KnightPhoto Gold Member, Tue 16-Oct-12 03:49 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Happy with the 70-300
richardd300 Silver Member
16th Oct 2012
KnightPhoto Gold Member
16th Oct 2012
richardd300 Silver Member
16th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1963 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.