Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1734
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?" Previous topic | Next topic
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Thu 16-Aug-12 08:05 PM
6044 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?"
In response to In response to 1

Wethersfield, US

I realize this post is a week or so old, but I have a couple of questions/concerns. As a sports shooter, I've been lugging around a D3 and a D7000, and now I'm contemplating the V1 as a lighter-weight option.

• Your point about silent golf shooting is well taken. It might be worth having just for that alone!

• I'm wondering about the usefulness of the superzoom option you mentioned for sports use. As I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong!), when using the FT1 adapter only AF-S autofocus is enabled. That seems pretty limiting for sports use, although there are surely some shots you could get of unmoving subjects.

• You mentioned using it for swimming and diving. In the high-school venues in which I shoot, a D3 and f/2.8 lens struggle to get stop-action shots at sensible ISOs. I wonder if the slower CX lenses and lesser ISO performance would really work for that application?

Any thoughts you have on these issues would be most welcome!

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionSo what do you love about the Nikon 1? [View all] , nwcs Silver Member, Thu 09-Aug-12 03:43 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?
PerroneFord Silver Member
09th Aug 2012
nwcs Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
jbloom Gold Member
16th Aug 2012
nwcs Silver Member
17th Aug 2012
Covey22 Moderator
09th Aug 2012
nwcs Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
RRRoger Silver Member
11th Oct 2012
buckreynolds
12th Oct 2012
CyprusMike
14th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1734 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.