nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

So what do you love about the Nikon 1?

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2696 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Thu 09-Aug-12 04:24 PM

I've had mine for months, but have only played with it a bit. I am really going to start using it more this month. For me, as a sports shooter, it comes down to a few things...

1. It's silent if I want it to be. For golf, or other times when you need to be ABSOLUTELY discreet, this cannot be over emphasized.

2. It shoots 10fps (or more with caveats).

3. The crop factor allows me to carry FAR smaller lenses, with much less weight. For the first time in my life, I am really considering buying one of the superzooms. Because on this camera, being able to go from 50mm-500mm equivalent is a real possibility. That has me VERY thrilled.

4. It shoots video. And it can shoot video and stills at the same time. This will be HUGE for swimming and diving when I start shooting that later this year.

5. It's tiny. I can put a superzoom and the camera with adapter in a small tourist sized bag and have all I need for the day.

I think this thing is going to get a LOT of use for me.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question So what do you love about the Nikon 1? [View all] , nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography , Thu 09-Aug-12 03:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?