Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7940
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed" Previous topic | Next topic
GerryL19 Registered since 10th Feb 2009Mon 13-Jun-11 08:20 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed"
In response to In response to 8

US

Hi everyone!
This is my first post; I thought I'd share my experience so that maybe it helps others. I've actually been lurking here on and off, reading the forums and classifieds. I finally signed up a week or so ago as I was researching another lens or two. Anyway, I bought a D7000 last fall. I've used it in the northeast since then, and a lot of use has been at work underground so no sky shots. I'm on vacation now, on Ocracoke Island (NC). I started taking a bunch of photos on the way driving south, and then more on the ferry. I was surprised to see a large grouping of spots on my photos, and I had no sensor cleaning materials with me. I actually had a bulb blower and a brush, which did nothing for it. Fortunately I had already read about the possible oil/grease problem, so I had a clue as to what to expect. I feel like a lot of these recently showed up; I hadn't noticed anything unusual on earlier photos. Perhaps the heat I am shooting in now allowed the grease/oil to thin out or be flung off more easily?
Supplies are not really available here on the island. I made the mistake of calling a local photographer here to ask about the availability of sensor cleaning supplies; I was told in no uncertain terms that I should *NEVER* attempt to clean my sensor as I will most likely destroy it and void my warranty. LOL, like I am going to put it away or send it out while I'm here for 10 days. At that point I decided to just order supplies online. So I have a next day order coming, which will probably take 2 or 3 days to the island...but at least I am here for 10 days so I'll still get some good shooting time in. Lesson learned; add some more to the kit. I've never had to do more than blow/sweep the sensor. I just hope this doesn't become a continual thing. If it does keep showing up I may have to consider sending it back for a degreasing.
I'll try to attach a photo. I wonder if everyone seeing this problem has a high concentration on the right side.
-Gerry

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed [View all] , batury , Tue 05-Apr-11 01:59 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 sensor artifact/problem - help needed
elec164 Silver Member
05th Apr 2011
JPJ Silver Member
05th Apr 2011
batury
05th Apr 2011
Len Shepherd Gold Member
05th Apr 2011
kentak Silver Member
05th Apr 2011
batury
05th Apr 2011
kajphotos
05th Apr 2011
kuzzy Silver Member
06th Apr 2011
GerryL19
13th Jun 2011
jadiniz
13th Jun 2011
elec164 Silver Member
13th Jun 2011
GerryL19
14th Jun 2011
KnightPhoto Gold Member
17th Jun 2011
mholka
17th Jun 2011
km6xz Moderator
19th Jun 2011
mvlow1974
09th Dec 2012
SheriB Silver Member
09th Dec 2012
RockyIII Gold Member
09th Dec 2012
cosmicfires Silver Member
22nd Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7940 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.