Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7594
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Help Plz" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 29-Mar-11 10:02 AM
8468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help Plz"
In response to In response to 0

Atlanta, US

I use a pair of 16gb Sandisk Extreme cards. The Class 10 is the current standard. Class 6 will work fine. 8GB would probably be adequate for photography - and will hold around 300 images. The camera will tell you it holds less - but due to compression of RAW images, you will get 300 or so under typical conditions.

If you shoot video or a lot of wildlife, a larger card is more important. I shoot 6 GB or less of landscapes in a day, but for wildlife will go beyond that.

Card speed is most important with downloads. The write speed in your camera is pretty fast, and the card will not typically be a limiting factor.

Be sure you buy from a reputable source. Avoid eBay unless you have a known reliable vendor. There are a lot of counterfeit cards from unreliable sources. Stick with known brands - Sandisk, Lexar, and Transcend. If the price looks too good to be true - it is.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicHelp Plz [View all] , wmcy Gold Member, Tue 29-Mar-11 03:18 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Help Plz
ericbowles Moderator
29th Mar 2011
wmcy Gold Member
29th Mar 2011
chris_platt Silver Member
29th Mar 2011
JPJ Silver Member
29th Mar 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
29th Mar 2011
Pokol
30th Mar 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7594 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.