Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #733
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on..." Previous topic | Next topic
sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Thu 14-Oct-10 02:07 AM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on the D7000!"
In response to In response to 3

Saddle river, US

Similar situation except for timing. My D80 died after being stupidly dropped on a tile floor in August, thus accelerating my upgrade by a year or so. I also damaged my 18-200, but that was minor and is already repaired at KEH. The good news is I put in a first day order at Amazon, so maybe I'll have the D7k "soon". The bad news is I've been without an SLR for two months. I really miss it!

I was also mulling a 300s, but the feature set of the 7k seems close enough to everything I need that it's the better choice. The 300s has a coupla more real buttons than the 7k, and the 400 will most likely as well, but the video is a plus for me as I'm only an occassional video'er and have no interest in carrying a camcorder. I'm also excited by the two custom mode settings, which will allow me to set one for landscape and one for grandchildren. Then change to "A" when I hand off to someone else. The smaller size is also attractive; as much as I like the macho look of the bigger cameras, and can always appreciate more buttons, I like the ease of carrying the smaller ones.

I borrowed a D60 for a foliage weekend in Vermont, and spent half a day figuring out how to use it properly. Although all of the cameras in the line are similar, the differences are enough to make you nuts if you're not ready for them (little things like shutter release mode reseting after each shot on the 60, and having to use a shift key to set the apeture with the single wheel). Aside from that, I've been shooting with my S90 and mostly getting by, except when chasing the grandkids. They just move to fast for the focus on the P&S.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicThe D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on the... [View all] , Bluez4u , Mon 11-Oct-10 02:08 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: The D70s is still working great, but I'm waiting on...
briantilley Moderator
11th Oct 2010
MEMcD Moderator
11th Oct 2010
beemerman2k Silver Member
14th Oct 2010
sabbey51 Silver Member
14th Oct 2010
15th Oct 2010
enesunkie Silver Member
15th Oct 2010
Bluez4u
15th Oct 2010
15th Oct 2010
Nour
15th Oct 2010

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #733 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.