Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5879
View in linear mode

Subject: "AF Fine tune settings query and shared results?" Previous topic | Next topic
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Sun 13-Feb-11 08:20 AM
1755 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"AF Fine tune settings query and shared results?"
Sun 13-Feb-11 08:23 AM by Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US

Folks,

In reading the manual, the caution is to not use this because it may affect the ability of the lens to resolve. Page 246 "...is not recommended for most situations..."

That being said, I missed the vast and varied discussions here in board-land regarding the soft images, complaints, and kudos plus today, finally went word for word on Hogan's distillation review and etc.

In particular, I was reading the threads which came up in search for AF Fine Tune to some extent over the last couple of days.

Most of my D7K ownership (shooting) time has been spent rendering with the D3S and the D7K, then gleaning NLE's to purchase, navigating and establishing a business platform, positing content, and working on a piece about Death Valley which by design should be contextually refreshed.(there are a lot of DVNP images in them 'thar webs and books)

So all of this is making my question (perhaps) behind the curve.

For the D7K, do any of you have the (defined) settings demarcated for the usual AF lenses, the 18-105, 18-200, 24-70, 70-200?

Also, is there a comparative for settings using prime lenses, fixed and or AF (not just adjustable focal length zooms) such as the 50, 85, and 105?

Just curious, perhaps easier to ask those in DK7 mode, who have done the heavy lifting in case it would save time.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicAF Fine tune settings query and shared results? [View all] , Robman3 , Sun 13-Feb-11 08:20 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: AF Fine tune settings query and shared results?
walkerr Administrator
13th Feb 2011
agitater Gold Member
13th Feb 2011
JPJ Silver Member
13th Feb 2011
Robman3
13th Feb 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5879 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.