Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5829
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: jpeg" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 12-Feb-11 10:38 PM
8144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: jpeg"
In response to In response to 6

Atlanta, US

Todd

Your software questions are best answered in the Nikon Software forum.

Capture NX2 and View NX2 both are editing programs. View NX2 is my first step as it includes Nikon Transfer for downloading images from my camera or card. View is good for sorting and rating images to decide which ones need editing. It also has a pretty good editor but the edits are applied to the entire image rather than just a selection.

Capture NX2 is an advanced editor - very powerful and easy. It has it quirks, but is very good for RAW images. With images saved as NEFs - even if they are JPEG's, the edits are totally non-destructive and can be removed later. It also is very efficient in handling versions so you do not need to save multiple copies of files.
Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicjpeg [View all] , Todd Secki , Sat 12-Feb-11 02:56 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: jpeg
browntdb Silver Member
12th Feb 2011
Wingman Silver Member
12th Feb 2011
billD80 Silver Member
12th Feb 2011
Todd Secki
12th Feb 2011
captainkev
12th Feb 2011
ericbowles Moderator
12th Feb 2011
captainkev
12th Feb 2011
Gamecocks Silver Member
12th Feb 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #5829 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.