Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #527
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D90 or Nikon D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
thephilmaster Registered since 20th Sep 2010Wed 29-Sep-10 03:52 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D90 or Nikon D7000"

CA

As some of you may know, I am new to DSLR photography and am looking for my first DSLR.
In terms of what I photograph, I tend to do a wide variety of things:
1) Indoors - portraits, candid scenes from parties, birthdays, holiday family gatherings, stuff like that
2) Outdoors- vacation photography (ie greece, spain etc...), some animals and wilderness, sometimes sports, I also like just taking shots of things that i just notice around me that are particularly photo-worthy whether it be a flower, tree, building, alley, whatever inspires me.

Currently I use a Nikon Coolpix s600 point and shoot camera which doesn't give me the quality of pictures, low light capabilities, or depth of field choice that I would like. Nor does it give me the ability to fine tune aperture, shutter speed, and iso. I have read up a lot on these things and did what I could with my point and shoot, just the performance of the sensor is not great. Also I appreciate a fast continuous shooting speed because sometimes photograph some sports, and also if something is happening randomly quickly, I like the ability to grab a few shots and pick the one I like later without missing the event.

With regards to video, I like having that capability because sometimes at some things I go to, I like to be able to just capture short clips of things, whether it be singing happy birthday or other things.

I like to try to be careful with my electronics, but I always end up bumping them and dropping them and stuff.

That's essentially what my needs are. I've already decided to go with Nikon, I just need to decide between a Nikon D90 and a Nikon D7000. If I get the Nikon D7000 then I would be getting the kit lens: 18-105mm f3.5-5.6. If I get the NIkon D90, then I'll likely get the kit lens, and use that for a while until I learn what kind of other lenses I may need. Most of the time I really would only like to have 1 lens when traveling, but certain occasions I may want to have some other lenses. I may not need the other lenses for a while so honestly, whatever lens I get with the camera will likely be the only one I use for about a year or so.

So let me know what you think.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicNikon D90 or Nikon D7000 [View all] , thephilmaster , Wed 29-Sep-10 03:52 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D90 or Nikon D7000
Floridian Silver Member
29th Sep 2010
thephilmaster
30th Sep 2010
Floridian Silver Member
30th Sep 2010
RWCooper Silver Member
30th Sep 2010
thephilmaster
01st Oct 2010
TMort
02nd Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
02nd Oct 2010
MstrBones Silver Member
02nd Oct 2010
jbloom Gold Member
02nd Oct 2010

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #527 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.