Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30067
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I知 stuck." Previous topic | Next topic
BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Sun 22-Sep-13 12:31 PM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I知 stuck."

IL

I am trying to photograph the silver case of a Torah scroll(which is Hebrew scriptures written on parchment).
It is estimated to be over 400 years old. The case I am told is made of silver and has a beautiful handcrafted design.
There is an area approximately 6 inch rectangle that has text on it and part of it is hard to read.
Any suggestions how to photograph this area to bring out the text. I have either a 50mm, 105mm lens that I could use.
What suggested settings (indoors) and what PS C6 processing technique should I use I知 a novice with PS.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Ben

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicPhotographing a text off a silver plate.. I知 stuck. [View all] , BigBen636 , Sun 22-Sep-13 12:31 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I知 stuck...
Leonard62 Gold Member
22nd Sep 2013
BigBen636
22nd Sep 2013
agitater Gold Member
22nd Sep 2013
BigBen636
22nd Sep 2013
agitater Gold Member
22nd Sep 2013
BigBen636
23rd Sep 2013
MarkM10431 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
BigBen636
23rd Sep 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30067 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.