Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29332
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: On the fence and need a shove." Previous topic | Next topic
RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Tue 13-Aug-13 02:16 AM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: On the fence and need a shove."
In response to In response to 0
Tue 13-Aug-13 05:28 PM by RLDubbya

US

I shoot strongman competitions - there's typically breaks in the action, then things get very, very busy.

I shot one a couple weeks ago; I was covering the yoke walk, which was an 80' carry across a parking lot. Basically, one guy carries it down as far as he can, hopefully crossing the finish line. Then the setup crew gets it in position, and the next competitor brings it back. So, back and forth.

I position myself close to the start, fire off a couple shots, turn around, run to the finish, turn, fire off a couple shots, then get the heck out of the way of the guy carrying 900lbs on his back as fast as he can.

During all this, I managed to bump the mode dial on my D7000, and it went between modes, and before I noticed it, I lost shots of 6 or so competitors.

I never had this problem before, others have, and it's something Nikon fixed on the 7100. If I had the cash, and didn't want to buy FX, I'd be replacing my 7000s immediately. It really sucks to miss shots because of equipment failure.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicOn the fence and need a shove. [View all] , DuhRock Silver Member, Mon 12-Aug-13 11:41 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: On the fence and need a shove.
mklass Platinum Member
13th Aug 2013
RLDubbya Silver Member
13th Aug 2013
km6xz Moderator
13th Aug 2013
DuhRock Silver Member
13th Aug 2013
billD80 Silver Member
13th Aug 2013
DuhRock Silver Member
13th Aug 2013
MarkM10431 Silver Member
20th Aug 2013
NDGraham Silver Member
26th Aug 2013
DuhRock Silver Member
26th Aug 2013
NDGraham Silver Member
27th Aug 2013
DuhRock Silver Member
27th Aug 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29332 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.