Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29277
View in linear mode

Subject: "Using a micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s with a D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
OldNavy609 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Fri 09-Aug-13 04:51 PM
383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Using a micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s with a D7000"

Albuquerque, US

I received my micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ai-s in the mail yesterday and mounted it on my D7000. Set the lens information in the Non-CPU listing and shot a series of photos setting the lens at infinity and the ISO at 100. I mounted the camera on a tripod and took a shot using the entire range from f2.8 to f32. The results were acceptable at all f-stops. There was some loss of detail using f16 and smaller due to diffraction, but even at f32 the overall image was great. Unless I magnified the the image more than 60 percent, I could not detect any obvious loss in image quality. The sharpest images were at f5.6, f8 and f11, which I expected would be the case.

I haven't tested the lens in the macro range except for a couple quick test shots, but again, the results seem to be very nice.

This is a great combination for me. I shoot mostly street photography and cute little critters with more than two legs.

Good shooting,
Lee

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29277 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.