Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24928
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Conserving Battery Power on D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Wed 06-Mar-13 11:24 PM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Conserving Battery Power on D7000"
In response to In response to 1

Los Angeles, US

Let me throw some numbers at you —

Yesterday, I returned a 3rd party battery grip (amazon) because in one 7-day period, the battery charge dropped from 100% to 24%. Less than 20 images were shot, and the camera turned off at all other times. And I wasn't walking around with it.

This happened twice to me. Same numbers on the battery charge. I tried it once with the Nikon battery in the body (grip attached). And then once again with the battery in the grip. The EN EL-15 battery.

That's why I took the D7000 body and EN EL battery to Nikon a week ago. To ascertain if the fault was in grip (which spooked me anyway by being a non-Nikon accessory) or the fault of camera electronics and/or the battery itself.

No more Chinese camera accessories for me. Aside from this, I wonder if I am setting menus too often. Could it be "operator error" that causes battery drain.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicConserving Battery Power on D7000 [View all] , Bravozulu Silver Member, Wed 06-Mar-13 08:40 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Conserving Battery Power on D7000
agitater Gold Member
06th Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
06th Mar 2013
agitater Gold Member
06th Mar 2013
JosephK Silver Member
06th Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
07th Mar 2013
km6xz Moderator
07th Mar 2013
RLDubbya Silver Member
07th Mar 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
07th Mar 2013
                         Reply message Update
Bravozulu Silver Member
10th Mar 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #24928 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.