Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23831
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Manual Mode Shooting" Previous topic | Next topic
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Fri 08-Feb-13 04:20 AM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Manual Mode Shooting"
In response to In response to 3

Los Angeles, US

Lack of discipline, on my part. Where I went off track is starting to shoot in my U2 setting, because that is set to record only jpegs. But it is primarily configured for the pop-up to in Commander mode, with flash WB.

So I guess that the EC crept in. Then, somehow I switched to S, when my intention was M mode so I could sample at extreme shutter, and then extreme and mid f-stops. Boy, was I off.

It was an overcast day outside, and inside the store was lit by sodium vapor lighting.

The Tamron seemed sharp enough, though. Yet the Sigma equivalent, reviewed by Thom Hogan is superior in a few ways. It has SWM focus, instead of screwdriver. Though people say that Sigma products vary in quality. So it would be chancy to buy one off eBay. Perhaps new is the best route, after taking test shots and jotting down the serial number for purchase after.

I really should be adhering the checklist I created before pressing the shutter. I keep one in my camera bag for the camera, and one for configuring flash. Didn't have my bag with me.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicManual Mode Shooting [View all] , Bravozulu Silver Member, Thu 07-Feb-13 11:38 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Manual Mode Shooting
JosephK Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
ShrimpBoy Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Feb 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23831 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.