Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23831
View in linear mode

Subject: "Manual Mode Shooting" Previous topic | Next topic
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Thu 07-Feb-13 11:38 PM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Manual Mode Shooting"
Thu 07-Feb-13 11:57 PM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

Though I've used M mode before, today I was at the camera store and brought my D7000 body along. To take some test shots with a Sigma 17-50mm lens.

So I tested it. Taking double shots at min and max focal length, stopped down and wide open f stops. M mode allowed any combo of shutter/aperature. I repeated the testing outdoors. so I have can see the extreme limits of the lens.

Two things caught me by surprise. When I was outside, a few times the shutter wouldn't fire. Is the shutter disabled (in M Mode) when the exposure scale isn't centered?

Focus was fine. Definite green dot in the viewfinder.

Later, looking at the images at home on the computer (with ViewNX2), a few of the exterior shots had EC +/- exposure corrections inserted. I didn't initiate that. That was the other odd thing about today. ISO was set at about 400. What's going on with exposure?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicManual Mode Shooting [View all] , Bravozulu Silver Member, Thu 07-Feb-13 11:38 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Manual Mode Shooting
JosephK Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
ShrimpBoy Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Feb 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23831 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.